159 Hodgens Road, MALENY QLD
Every so often a property comes onto the market that is absolutely "next level" in every sense. Welcome to "Yoolungan" - a 50-acre parcel of land, boasting rich fertile soil, unlimited water supply, extensive infrastructure, and a meticulously restored gracious homestead, circa 1915, perfectly positioned on top of the ridge showcasing some of the most magnificent views of the Glass House Mountains imaginable, that will truly take your breath away.
"Laughton", the homestead exudes old-world elegance and class whilst still incorporating contemporary comforts; in pristine condition, no expense has been spared, and no detail overlooked by owners in restoration, presentation and functionality.
North facing with a glorious outlook from each side of its 450 square metre covered wraparound verandah; the back deck at 5mx18m is large enough to accommodate a Gatsby-sized gathering in style and comfort.
The home is complete with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, elegant modern kitchen, formal and informal living areas, office/sunroom, and has all the features of properties of this vintage that make them so timelessly cherished and adored including; high ceilings, hardwood timber floors, ornate decorative plaster ceilings, fretwork, claw foot bath, double hung windows, VJ walls, French doors, lead-lighting, and direct access to verandah from every room plus more.
Adjacent to the home is an attractive custom-built Dutch gable double carport with a 3-phase powered multi-purpose room, and additional covered parking for three visitor vehicles under the shade sail. There is also a romantic gazebo, and a majestic fig tree with circular bench seat under, and an open area terrace with firepit to witness a spectacular sunset over the Glass House Mountains and D'Aguilar Range and toast your good fortune under the stars!
With a fully fenced boundary, apart from 5-acres of dense rainforest, the land is fully usable, and even has a gazetted road running through, and a permit granted to subdivide an 18-acre parcel of land, further enhancing value.
Infrastructure on the property is extensive and includes: 3 x 15 tonne steel framed grain silos, pump house with diesel and piston pump, 3-phase underground power to all buildings, extra-large cattle pen with all facilities, three steel sheds 60 x 13 x 8m, plus separate living/studio with council approval amenities with fully covered space for up to 10 cars plus large storage area, ideal for caretaker or rental potential STCA.
With well established quality infrastructure on the property and a free unlimited water supply coming from the spring fed dams and water tanks to all parts of the property - there is many possible income-producing scenarios that would provide a viable income to the owner, ranging from livestock, hydroponics, eco-tourism, nursery, vineyard and more.
This is the complete package for the lifestyle changer seeking country living with a plethora of potential viable income streams in an idyllic location without isolation! The many amenities of both Maleny and Beerwah (with rail to Brisbane) are accessed within 15 minutes, major hospitals and coast beaches within 30-40 minutes, and Brisbane is approximately 70 minutes away via car.
Long-term owners have created something truly special and virtually irreplaceable in this glorious pocket of the Sunshine Coast hinterland; and have made many cherished memories here, it's time for them to downsize, creating an opportunity to invest in this exceptional property. "Yoolungan" will captivate and impress!
• Exceptional 50-acre property with 1915 homestead
• Breathtaking views of Glass House Mountains
• Infrastructure rich with unlimited free water supply
• Meticulously restored homestead, gracious & elegant
• Wide wraparound verandah on all four sides
• 3.2m ceilings, hardwood floors, French doors
• Lead-lighting, clawfoot bath, VJ walls, fretwork
• Ornate decorative plaster ceilings, classic windows
• Well-equipped contemporary entertainer's kitchen
• Formal & informal living areas plus office/sunroom
• Separate car accommodation plus powered studio
• 3 extra large steel sheds + caretaker's accommodation
• 50 Amps of 3-phase underground power to entire property
• Abundant water - spring fed dams, water tanks
• Current permit in place for 18-acre subdivision
• Cattle pen, grain silos, pump house + much more
• Fully fenced boundary, gazetted road through property
• Privacy, serenity, outlook, lifestyle, and OPTIONS
• 15 minutes to Beerwah & Maleny, 1 hour to Brisbane
• Long-term owners have spared no expense
• This is a property that truly stands alone in every sense!